Steps to follow:
1. Sit opposite your partner and begin with tuning in with the hands in prayer mudra (hands together before the chest), by chanting three times: “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” .
2. Then chant: “Aad Guray Namay, Jugat Guray Namay, Sat Guray Namay, Siri Guru Devay Namay” three times.
3. With hands still together, look into the eyes of your partner and bow your head in recognition of the God-consciousness in her or him.
4. When looking into each other’s eyes, project love and divine light. Project humbly: for example, “I am nothing, you are great.” This opens the heart to let love flow, the real love that Yogi Bhajan defines as “the experience of selflessness within oneself.” If no mantra is specified you may chose any loving thoughts or positive affirmations.
Venus Kriya Three-part Kriya:
Now sit on your heals, Rock Pose, facing your partner (1).
Stare into each other’s eyes without blinking. Radiate love. See yourself in the other person’s eyes.
Continue for one minute. (Origially given as 15 minutes.)
When the time is up, stand facing your partner. Join hands and look into each other’s eyes, projecting devine love (2).
Then squat down together into Crow Pose, keeping the feet flat on the ground and touching the buttocks to the ground (3).
Inhale up, eyes still locked, and hold the breath in. Exhale down, and hold the breath out.
Repeat this inhale- hold-exhale-hold 5 times.
Once more, sit on your heels facing your partner (1).
Inhale, hold the breath in, then exhale and hold the breath out. Repeat 5 times.
Then relax and complete the exercise with steps 5 and 6.
5. Stretch up, twist from side to side, again bring hands together, look into the eyes of your partner, and say: “Thank you, Sat Nam”, (that is Truth is my Identity), and bow deeply before your partner.
6. Massage each other if you feel like it, and then relax completely.
*) updated August 21″ 2017