Steps to follow:
1. Sit opposite your partner and begin with tuning in with the hands in prayer mudra (hands together before the chest), by chanting three times: “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” .
2. Then chant: “Aad Guray Namay, Jugat Guray Namay, Sat Guray Namay, Siri Guru Devay Namay” three times.
3. With hands still together, look into the eyes of your partner and bow your head in recognition of the God-consciousness in her or him.
4. When looking into each other’s eyes, project love and divine light. Project humbly: for example, “I am nothing, you are great.” This opens the heart to let love flow, the real love that Yogi Bhajan defines as “the experience of selflessness within oneself.” If no mantra is specified you may chose any loving thoughts or positive affirmations.
Venus Kriya Shoulder Stand:
Now put yourself in Shouder Stand four feet away from your partner. Bend your legs and join the soles of your feet with those of your partner. (You may need an assistant to get into position.)
Meditate at the third-eye point — midway between and a little above the eyebrows — for 3 minutes. (Originally given as a 31-minute exercise.)
When the time is up, come down in easy pose and complete the exercise with steps 5 and 6.
5. Stretch up, twist from side to side, again bring hands together, look into the eyes of your partner, and say: “Thank you. Sat Nam”, (that is Truth is my Identity), and bow deeply before your partner.
6. Massage each other if you feel like it, and then relax completely.