Steps to follow:
1. Sit opposite your partner and begin with tuning in with the hands in prayer mudra (hands together before the chest), by chanting three times: “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” .
2. Then chant: “Aad Guray Namay, Jugat Guray Namay, Sat Guray Namay, Siri Guru Devay Namay” three times.
3. With hands still together, look into the eyes of your partner and bow your head in recognition of the God-consciousness in her or him.
4. When looking into each other’s eyes, project love and divine light. Project humbly: for example, “I am nothing, you are great.” This opens the heart to let love flow, the real love that Yogi Bhajan defines as “the experience of selflessness within oneself.” If no mantra is specified you may chose any loving thoughts or positive affirmations.
Venus Kriya One Leg Life Nerve Stretch:
Now sit opposite your partner. Extend opposite legs. Place foot against foot. Extend opposite arms and grasp hands, interlacing fingers.
Begin normal breathing for 1,5 minutes, followed by Breath of Fire for 1,5 minutes. (originally given as 3 minutes each.)
When the time is up, inhale and pull Maha Bandha. (pull in on the chin, pull up on the diaphragm, pull in the abdominal muscles, and pull up on the rectum and sex organs..) Then exhale and pull Maha Bandha again. Repeat the inhale-exhale with Maha Bandha twice.
Complete the kriya with steps 5 and 6.
5. Stretch up, twist from side to side, again bring hands together, look into the eyes of your partner, and say: “Thank you. Sat Nam”, (that is Truth is my Identity), and bow deeply before your partner.
6. Massage each other if you feel like it, and then relax completely.
*) updated September 1″ 2017