Steps to follow:
1. Sit opposite your partner and begin with tuning in with the hands in prayer mudra (hands together before the chest), by chanting three times: “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” .
2. Then chant: “Aad Guray Namay, Jugat Guray Namay, Sat Guray Namay, Siri Guru Devay Namay” three times.
3. With hands still together, look into the eyes of your partner and bow your head in recognition of the God-consciousness in her or him.
4. When looking into each other’s eyes, project love and divine light. Project humbly: for example, “I am nothing, you are great.” This opens the heart to let love flow, the real love that Yogi Bhajan defines as “the experience of selflessness within oneself.” If no mantra is specified you may chose any loving thoughts or positive affirmations.
Venus Kriya Heart Lotus:
Then sit in Easy Pose or Lotus Pose across from your partner, looking into his or her eyes. Form your hands into a lotus: all the fingers are spread with the hands cupped. Then the man puts his little fingers under the woman’s little fingers. These are the only fingers that touch. This makes a Heart Lotus (1).
Look into the soul, the heart of your partner, through the eyes. Continue for 1,5 minutes.
Now place one hand over the other at the heart center (2). Close your eyes and meditate on your heart. Go deep within, to the center of your being. Continue for 1,5 minutes. (Originally given as 15 minutes each.)
When the time is up, inhale deeply and exhale deeply 3 times, then relax.
Complete the kriya with steps 5 and 6.
5. Stretch up, twist from side to side, again bring hands together, look into the eyes of your partner, and say: “Thank you. Sat Nam”, (that is Truth is my Identity), and bow deeply before your partner.
6. Massage each other if you feel like it, and then relax completely.
*) updated September 1″ 2017